The Advocate’s Gateway Second International Conference will take place on Friday 2nd and Saturday 3rd June 2017 at the Law Society, Chancery Lane, London. This year's conference will be entitled: Access to Justice for Vulnerable People
Attending the conference
The conference programme spans over two days (2nd and 3rd of June) with keynote addresses, plenary sessions, panel and breakout sessions. Follow this link to download the full programme.
Information regarding venue and other details can be found here.
You can join the conference for the full two days or just for one. Please note that we are unable to offer half-day attendance rates.
The available ticket choices are:
- Standard one-day ticket - £150 per day, per person
- Subsidised one-day ticket - £75 per day. NB: this is only available for full-time students, pupils or trainees
- Two-day attendance standard package - £275 per person
- Two-day attendance subsidised package - £150 per person. NB: this is only available for full-time students, pupils or trainees
All rates above include lunch and morning and afternoon refreshments.
A networking event/dinner supplement of £50 is available as an add-on rate for all of the tickets above. On the evening of Friday the 2nd of June, there will be a networking and drinks reception. This will be held in the Reading Room, followed by a dinner in the Common Room at the Law Society.
Follow this link to book your place at the conference. Please note that you will be redirected to an external site for the processing of your booking and payment.
Follow this link for full details regarding bookings and refunds.
- The Rt. Hon Lord Justice Gillen, Northern Ireland
- The Rt. Hon Lady Dorrian QC, Lord Justice Clerk, Scotland
- Dr. Jessica Jacobson, Director of ICPR, Birbeck, University of London
- Professor Ray Bull, Emeritus Professor of Forensic Psychology at the University of Leicester. Visiting Professor at the University of Portsmouth and Professor of Criminal Investigation at the University of Derby
- Professor Penny Cooper, Chair of The Advocate’s Gateway, Barrister and Academic Associate 39 Essex Chambers
Follow this link to download the full programme.
Organisations will be able to exhibit at the conference in the Reading Room on the ground floor of the Law Society. There will be 10 spaces available and the rate for exhibitors is £350.
- The opportunity to promote your organisation/work for the two days of the conference
- One clothed 6 ft poseur table per exhibitor
- Two tickets to the conference for each day
Please Note: The stand will need to be staffed by the organisation for both days. The conference will commence at 10.00 am and exhibitors must be completely set-up by 9.30 am. The conference will finish at 4.30 pm each day and exhibitors must be cleared by 5.30 pm.
About this conference
Access to justice and the removal of barriers to ensure effective participation of vulnerable people in the justice system is increasingly recognised as a major global concern.
Research over the past decade has demonstrated that trials involving vulnerable witnesses and suspects need to be approached in an appropriate and effective way by all parties, the courts, and the judiciary.
This second international conference led by The Advocate’s Gateway and funded by The Inns of Court College of Advocacy (ICCA), will explore the access to justice combining and expanding interdisciplinary research and practitioner knowledge to encourage innovation and best practice. The aim is to support an international network to share knowledge and practice and the proper presentation of such cases globally.
This conference will facilitate the exchange of perspectives, ideas and strategies between jurisdictions and disciplines.