The Advocate’s Gateway Second International Conference will take place on Friday 2nd and Saturday 3rd June 2017 at the Law Society, Chancery Lane, London. This year's conference will be entitled: Access to Justice for Vulnerable People
Access to justice and the removal of barriers to ensure effective participation of vulnerable people in the justice system is increasingly recognised as a major global concern.
Research over the past decade has demonstrated that trials involving vulnerable witnesses and suspects need to be approached in an appropriate and effective way by all parties, the courts, and the judiciary.
This second international conference led by The Advocate’s Gateway and funded by The Inns of Court College of Advocacy (ICCA), will explore the access to justice combining and expanding interdisciplinary research and practitioner knowledge to encourage innovation and best practice. The aim is to support an international network to share knowledge and practice and the proper presentation of such cases globally.
This conference will facilitate the exchange of perspectives, ideas and strategies between jurisdictions and disciplines.
We look forward to welcoming you to our 2nd International Conference. Bookings will open towards the beginning of April 2017.
In the meantime, you can express interest to attend by filling this short form. (Please note that you will be taken to a separate webpage)
- The Rt. Hon Lady Dorrian QC, Lord Justice Clerk, Scotland
- Professor Penny Cooper, Chair of The Advocate’s Gateway, Barrister and Academic Associate 39 Essex Chambers
- Dr. Jessica Jacobson, Director of ICPR, Birbeck, University of London
- Professor Ray Bull, Emeritus Professor of Forensic Psychology at the University of Leicester. Visiting Professor at the University of Portsmouth and Professor of Criminal Investigation at the University of Derby
- The Rt. Hon Lord Justice Gillen, Northern Ireland
Organisations will be able to exhibit at the conference in the Reading Room on the ground floor of the Law Society. There will be 10 spaces available and the rate for exhibitors is £350, excluding VAT.
- The opportunity to promote your organisation/work for the two days of the conference
- One clothed 6 ft poseur table per exhibitor
- Two tickets to the conference for each day
Please Note: The stand will need to be staffed by the organisation for both days. The conference will commence at 10.00 am and exhibitors must be completely set-up by 9.30 am. The conference will finish at 4.30 pm each day and exhibitors must be cleared by 5.30 pm.
Applicants must confirm their intention to participate and have paid their exhibitors fee by the 30 April 2017.